The EU-RADION sensor integration unit (SIU) will be a novel device, which includes several radiological threat sensors supported by a hydrogen sensor and positioning module. The SIU will be adaptable to several platforms (including stationary, handheld, and UGV mounted units) and capable of operating in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Key features of the SIU:
- using heterogeneous radiological & nuclear detection technologies,
- integrated with a navigation unit,
- miniaturized in order to ensure mobility, reduced weight and power consumption,
- equipped with a wireless connection,
- containing a non-proprietary, replaceable power source,
- taking advantage of modular design.